Office of The Municipal Clerk
Acting Municipal Clerk, Sharon Auer
(609) 698-0080 Ext 190
Animal Licensing Information
Election and Voter Information
Where to apply:
- The marriage license application is to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
- If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.
Required documents when applying for a marriage license:
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
- Proof of your residency.
- Your social security card or social security number.*
- A witness, 18 years of age or older.
- The $28 application fee.
*Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.
There is a waiting period of 72 hours after applying for the marriage license.