or email to Lauren.Romano@njcourts.gov
For any mandatory court matter that requires a court appearance please use the Virtual Court registration form.
Virtual Court Dates for the year 2021 click link below
Barnegat Township Municipal Court Virtual Court Session for 2021: 9/15, 9/22, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/8, 12/15, 12/22 @ 9:00 AM & 1:00 PM
If you arrive after 9:30 am you must click here to watch the opening statement before joining the virtual courtroom.
Important information and documents needed for attending a virtual court session.
YOU MUST REGISTER USING THE VIRTUAL COURT REGISTRATION FORM PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED VIRTUAL COURT DATE.
Please fully read all of the information before attempting to join the Virtual Court Meeting below.
There are multiple ways of joining a virtual court session, each with different requirements.
- PC/Mac Laptop or desktop – will require a browser which will run Zoom Meeting as needed. A microphone and video camera are required.
- Smart Phone – install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Call in – You can dial into the proceeding and appear by phone. Dialing *9 during the conference call will raise your hand if you are called on for attendance.
Keys to a successful Zoom Virtual Court Appearance:
- Set up in a closed room with no noise or other people.
- Connect to the meeting using your real first and last name on the display.
- Be sure to allow any connections to audio or video by Zoom.
- If you are not successful with video, be prepared to call in to the phone number listed with the Zoom meeting information. This number is listed below. It will change from meeting to meeting.
- If you show up 30 minutes early, someone will be available to test prior to your appearance.
COURT DOCUMENTS YOU MAY NEED:
- Virtual Court Registration Form
- Citizen Complaint – Complaint Information
- Citizen Complaint – Domestic Violence
- Citizen Complaint – Probable Cause
- Indigency Form – (Time Payment Form)
- Driving / Operating A Motor Vehicle In An Unsafe Manner
- Public Defender Application
- Plea by Mail Form
As per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited. If you would like a copy of the proceeding, you can fill out a judiciary request form which can be found at New Jersey Courts Online.
What to do after your court appearance
If you were given fines in Municipal court and would like to pay over the phone , please call 609-698-0080 ext 110 or 112. We accept Visa, Discover and Mastercard. We will be placing your fines on a time payment and sending out your paperwork by mail. Please leave your name, number and complete address on the voicemail and someone will return your call.
Criminal and Traffic fines can be paid through
NJMCdirect – the fast, secure and convenient way to access and pay your traffic ticket online.
New dispute ticket options:
Litigants are able to dispute a range of moving violation offenses carrying motor vehicle points.
Please use www.NJMCDirect.com to start your dispute process and check for eligible offenses.
If you choose to pay online: VISA, MasterCard or any card that contains the VISA or MasterCard logo may be used on this site. There is a convenience fee for this service.
If You received a Traffic or Non Traffic Summons that Does Not require a Court Appearance, and you wish to enter a GUILTY plea to the violation, you may pay the prescribed penalty, which is listed on the (click here->)https://www.njcourts.gov/notices/2020/n200515a.pdf
- You may mail the summons (be sure to sign the appearance plea and wavier portion located on the back of the summons) with the prescribed penalty to:
Barnegat Township Municipal Court
900 West Bay Avenue
Barnegat, NJ 08005
8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
Judge – Phillip M. Miller
Prosecutor – Martin J. Buckley, Esq.
Court Administrator – Lauren L. Romano
Second, Third and Fourth Wednesdays, 9am and 1pm
Public Defender – Brian Distefano, Esq.
Public Defender – Alexandra Nieves-Martinez, Esq.
Conflict Public Defender – Matthew Sage, Esq.