Office of Recreation
Jeanne Broadbent, Recreation Director
Staci Irwin, Asst. Director
Applications are now being accepted for lifeguards. Applicants must be 16years of age or older and possess current CPR / Lifeguard certifications. (or indicate intent to obtain the certifications prior to June 1, 2017)
*Please note: All lifeguard applicants must fill out an application for both Barnegat Township and The Township of Ocean. Applicants ages 16-18 who are enrolled in high school MUST provide 2 copies of their working papers (1 copy for each township)
Interested Applicants can obtain applications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call Jeanne Broadbent 609-548-6319
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT:
At this time there are no positions available for counselors for Barnegat Summer Camps
Registration for the Barnegat Summer Camps will be begin at the end of February. Summer Camp Staffing will be determined once registration has been completed.
We will be accepting applications for employment beginning April 1, however new no hiring will be done until June. All Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Applications can be mailed after April1 to Barnegat Recreation 900 W Bay Ave Barnegat, NJ 08005 or dropped off to the office during normal business hours.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE
2017 DOCK CONCERT SERIES SCHEDULE (Please note all concerts begin at 7pm; in the event of inclement weather the concerts will be moved into the Brackman Middle School 600 Barnegat Blvd. – Doors open at 6:30pm)
Recreation Pre-school and Pre-K School year 2017 / 2018 Registration is now underway.
Registrations are bow being accepted for the Recreation Departments Community Pre-K program for the Fall 17. A non refundable deposit of $220 must accompany the completed Pre-K application.
Market will begin on June 22 and run through October 26. A special Thanksgiving Market will be held held on November 19th from 10a-3p
Be advised that we do not have any openings for farm produce at this time. We are seeking craft vendors, candles, unique food vendors, air plants, homemade confections.
WINTER 2017 RECREATION CLASSES, PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Registration opens for Spring Classes on March 16th
- 2017 Winter Recreation Schedule of programs, trips and events
- March 25th Mother son bowling registration form
- Winter Gymnastics Workout
SPRING TRIP FOR THE FAMILY OVER EASTER BREAK
Monday April 10th NY Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies. Cost is $42 includes ticket and transportation. This is a Dollar Dog Night at Citizens Bank Park. The kids are off for Easter Break so spend some time with us. We have secured great seats in Sec. 243 rows 6-8. For more information and to purchase tickets email email@example.com
SENIOR PROGRAMS / ADULT TRIPS
Please be advised that Adult Basketball has been canceled for the remainder of the school year.
- March 17th to Philadelphia Flower Show
- 2017 4th Friday of the month Mall trips
- June 14th to New Hope Pa Bucks County Playhouse “Buddy Holly Story”
- Sept 30th US Naval Academy & Cruise
- The Recreation Department Needs You
- Senior Classes & Registration Form
SPORT LEAGUE NEWS
SUMMER CLASSES AND SPECIALTY CAMPS
Registration for the 2017 Summer Camp Programs is now open
WRECK camp discount ends April 15th. Do not miss out on this cost savings opportunity.
- 2017 Adventure & Great Adventure Camp registration packet (6th grade grads – 10th grade grads)
- Wreck Camp Forms (Kindergarten Grads – 5th grade grads)
- Tuesday / Thursday Travelers Camp registration packet (2nd grade grads – 5th grade grads)
- Miss Kathy’s Little Kids Summer Camp Registration Form (3 1/2 to Kindergarten Grads)
- Gymnastics Daily Summer Workout
MEADOWEDGE RECREATION & EDUCATION CENTER
The center is located at 550 E Bay Ave.
For more information on renting the building call Jeanne Broadbent609-698-0080 x122
PIRATE’S DAY SEPTEMBER 16th
Pirates Day applications are now being accepted. Early Bird Discounts run through May 1st. Please make checks payable to Barnegat-Waretown Chamber of Commerce and mail the completed packet to Barnegat Recreation 900 W Bay Ave Barnegat, NJ 08005
COUNTY PARK INFORMATION
- Barnegat Rail Trail
- Canoe/Kayak Launch at Meadowedge Park
- Cloverdale Farm County Park in Barnegat
- 2017 Winter Cloverdale Park programs and events
- Throughout the year, the Recreation Department schedules many special events such as the following:
There are several parks located throughout the town.
The following parks have basketball courts and/or playground equipment for climbing, swinging and sliding:
- Village Drive
- Beverly Drive
- Georgetown Boulevard
- First Street
- Lower Shore Road
- Project Playground at Rosehill Road – closed until the Spring of 2017
- Barnegat Railway Walking Trail
Barnegat Community Center
A Township Community Center is available to any non-profit group for meetings and fund raising events. Contact the Recreation Office for booking information. 609-698-0080 x130 or 122